At Pet Food UK Ltd we are committed to caring for our environment, which is why we have taken the time to establish the following environmental policy:
- Our entire product range uses only 100% natural ingredients derived from ethical sources, which is not only healthier for the animals consuming our food, but better for the environment.
- We make an effort to source as many of our raw ingredients locally as possible in order to reduce our ‘food miles’ or carbon foot print.
- The chicken and duck meat used in our AATU for dogs 80/20 range are from free-run farms.
- Our packaging is secure and resalable to ensure that our product stays fresh as long as possible to prevent food waste.
- We keep our product stock levels to a maximum of twelve week to avoid further wastage.
- When sourcing packaging we make sure to consider the environment and the impact our packaging may have. We also work closely with our suppliers to innovate ways to produce more environmentally friendly packaging.
- We are careful to contract our office electricity with energy companies that are investing heavily in reducing carbon emissions and producing clean energy.
- Our Head Office has a system in place to ensure that all appropriate waste is sent for recycling where possible.
- We make the effort to ask our logistics operations contractors to conduct business as efficiently as possible to reduce wasted road miles. We also often use ‘backloads’ to transport our goods, again to help reduce our carbon footprint.
- We only work with manufacturing plants that have a strong ethical and environmental policy in similar to ourselves.
- We are constantly reviewing our operations to look for areas for improvement.
- Unless specifically requested by customers, order invoices are sent via email to prevent paper and ink waste.