Website Privacy Notice
This Website Privacy Notice sets out how Pet Food UK Ltd (Controller) uses and protects any information that you give Pet Food UK Ltd when you use this website.
Pet Food UK Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Pet Food UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Who are we?
We are Pet Food (UK) Limited, with a registered address of 33 Mark Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7DN. Our main telephone number is 01442 212 392.
The information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Browser type
- Device type
- User flow
- IP address
The ways we collect the information
We collect the above information using the following tools:
- Web analytics service - Google Analytics
- Social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Search engines
- Our ecommerce platform
- Our mailing list sign up forms
What we do with the information we gather?
Pet Food UK require this information from a legitimate interest position to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and ecommerce experience such as:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you consent to marketing emails.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- Advertising through social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Advertising through Search Engines such as Google and Bing
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We perform supplier assessment forms for all the digital and marketing tools which we use to ensure that they are safe.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing our Data protection officer at email@example.com OR you can update your preference through the ‘My Account’ section on the website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible at email@example.com , where we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions or requests concerning your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all, e.g. service emails with invoices attached. Other emails include tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our website, or if the email contains a promotion, how successful that email was. It also allows us to understand what type of marketing emails our customers prefer.
For some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on links in the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try to improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information, e.g. to re-email people who didn’t click the first time, so you don’t miss out.
If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of Pet Food UK Ltd’s marketing email mailing list which you can do by clicking on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the footer of all marketing emails, updating your preferences in the ‘Account’ section of the website, or finally emailing our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
How long do we keep your information for?
Your information is kept on our system for as long as we find it useful for internal business purposes. Please see previous 'What do we do with the information we gather?' Section.
Our disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property rights infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
Your right to complain
If you have concerns about how we process your data, we would like the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please contact our Data Protection Officer (details above). If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office